Country Manager UK (Full-time)
We’re looking for a Country Manager to join our BitesWeLove team to build, manage and scale our Feel-Good Snacking business across the UK.
About BitesWeLove | Feel-good Snacking
Our goal is simple: to help you snack healthier with tasty bites you feel good about eating. It’s our way of shaking up the snack world, one bite at a time.
As true foodies, we’re serious about satisfying your snack cravings. That’s why we pack our bites with a flavour punch, the perfect crunch and a moreishness that keeps you coming back. We only use the best plant-based ingredients, like nuts, peas and beans. And we keep fats, sugar and salt in check too.
So when snack time comes around, you can fill up and feel good, happy in the knowledge that you’re giving your body a healthy hand while treating your taste buds to something special. Win-win.
We’ve sold over 2.5 million bags in 2020 and have shown strong growth in rate of sales, revenue and distribution. Our products can be found in the Netherlands in over 1.000 foodservice locations (among which Shell, AH to go, Compass Group, railway catering) and >1.300 retail stores (among which Albert Heijn, Jumbo, SPAR, Holland & Barret) as well as the major online players throughout the Netherlands. 2021 Marked our first major step across our Dutch borders into UK, winning a Great Taste Award with our Crunchy Peas, “Challenger Brand of the Year” at Food Matters Live and landing a listing at Sainsbury’s as a “Brand of the Future”
You are ready to take the next step in your career to become our entrepreneurial Country Manager. You will be responsible for fine-tuning, overseeing, and executing BitesWeLove UK strategy. Your focus is to generate new business within retail and larger foodservice partners, drive business development, and overlook our overall UK growth. The ideal candidate has significant sales/ account management experience at a (Scale-up) food brand, knows how to grow a food business and understands the UK retail and foodservice market.
You report to the board and work closely with our Operations Manager, Brand Manager, Account Managers (NL based), and creatives when needed. We are setting up our UK team and you will support us in doing so in the best way possible.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the overall BitesWeLove business in the UK
- Develop and implement the sales growth strategy, define key markets and its targets
- Identify and launch new market opportunities that will result in revenue growth; go after listings at the top retailer and foodservice partners
- Own, develop and evolve long-term strategic account plans. Work together with our brand/trade manager to support and grow these partnerships
- Define and reach business goals, mainly focused on business growth, profitability, and brand building opportunities
- Liaise with cross-functional teams like marketing, design, production finance and logistics, work closely with the Operations Manager and HQ teams to resolve any operational or product issues
- 5+ years’ experience in working within the food industry/ at a food brand and proven ability to deliver on revenue targets
- Experience with leading retail account growth and generating a substantial amount of new business
- Amazing negotiation skills
- Be a hustler, not stopping after 20 obstacles a day
- Be an owner and proactively find solutions to business problems
- Be passionate about Healthy food, retail, and challenger brands
- Experience in retail sales/account management
- Experience in product launches and building a new business Is a strong plus
- Fluent in English
What we offer you
At BitesWeLove we offer you to be part of a fast-growing food brand that plays into all relevant food trends; healthy, vegan, and tasty. Our team is young, passionate, and bursting with feel-good energy.
We offer 25 holidays based on full-time employment, a pension plan, and travel allowance. We offer a competitive salary based on your experience and skills. As we are still building our UK office you can help us find your dream office and build the UK team with us together.
Please send you application to Marleen Basart/Anouk de Wolff at email@example.com
We will try to send a reply within 5 days.
Or call +31647392101 if you have any questions about the role or our business